Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Love Hate Relationship

I Love Running!
I Hate Running! 
I Love Running! 
I Hate Running!

I am so thankful for all the rain we have had lately, I know all of the farmers are doing the happy dance for sure! But... this past week I think out of the 6 days that we ran, all but 2 were done in the rain! My toes are like prunes, I can't see out of my glasses and my clothes just stick to me like glue. But the rain did keep us somewhat cool. Here is a tip for you new to running, stuff your running shoes with newspaper. It helps dry them out faster. 

Week #8 went as follows: Monday 6 miles, Tuesday speed training at the track at 8:00 pm. This is where I Hate Running! Not my idea of a good time. I ate a PB&J too close to the time to run and it talked to me the whole time. YUCK! I think a few of us girls can tell you how worked up we get before these speed workouts. They are hard and hot and let me tell you the mosquitoes were out in full force. But, per Coach Stormie, very important in our training! (Editors Note: Yes, she is correct and Lisa hates every second.)

Wednesday was our rest day, but I didn't rest well. I worried all day about the tempo run we had to do on Thursday. Silly I know. But you have to remember...I Hate Running! The tempo run was, I think, the most humid day we have had thus far. The air was thick, thick, thick! Your body is working extra hard to keep itself cool, so staying hydrated is very important. We all survived that 5 miler. Whew! Friday was a 5 mile easy run, Saturday was 6 miles and Sunday was a good long 10 mile run. It was rained delayed 3 times. We finally got started at 2:30 in the afternoon with just a few sprinkles. 

Here is where I Love Running! Sometimes we have bad running days and self doubt creeps in, but when you have the best friends a girl could ever ask for there to keep your spirits up and your head in the game, it is so worth it! I think I can speak for all of us Marathon Mamas, none of us could go through this journey alone. We need each other to keep going on tough runs, speed runs and those dreaded tempo runs. We are cheerleaders, therapists and sometimes the "mean" coach (JB, LOL) All this is done with love! Couldn't ask for a better group of people to train with. Love you girls and please don't tell anyone, I Love Running too! 

- Lisa 

Quote for the day: "There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship"
- St. Thomas Aquinas

No comments:

Post a Comment