Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 16……

Although we are about done, and can see the finish line, it still feels like forever away for me.  I really don’t know what to write about, as by this point you run out of things to talk about.  We have noticed that when we run, we really don’t have much to say either….we just get the mileage in that the day calls for. 

I guess I want to thank my fellow runners (aka my best friends) for putting up with me!  The training this time has not been easy for me.  My head hasn’t been in it from day one, so in turn I haven’t been the easiest to get along with.  My attitude has been somewhat negative, and for that I am sorry.  I think when you run as much as we have been running our true emotions come to surface, and mine haven’t been pleasant. 

We 5 don’t really argue much, but this time around there has been some tension.  Thinking about it made me sad but then I realized something.  We have been together 6 days a week for 16 weeks straight!  We are tired and worn down.  Most of us have some type of injury we are dealing with, it’s no wonder there is tension.  Instead of being sad about that, I need to take a step back and look at the bond we have.  It doesn’t matter if I make one of the girls mad with a comment I make, or if I get my feelings hurt because of something they’ve done, we move on and continue to be supportive of each other.  We all have each other’s best interest at heart.  If we were not true friends we wouldn’t have made it this far in our training schedule.  For that I feel blessed.  Although I have felt alone at times, I know that I have 4 of my very best friends cheering me on, and they will never leave my side!  Thank you girls, I love you all very much!!  Let’s go make this race our B$*!!!!

I want to also shout out to the other Wellington runners that have done some training with us.  There are too many to mention, but we 5 girls talk about how proud we are to be a part of such a great running group.  The courage and determination that each of you have is just amazing!!  You all continue to inspire us every day!!
 - Alison 

Quote for the day: "Friendship born on the field of athletic strife are the real gold of competition. Awards become corroded, friends gather no dust"
- Jesse Owens 

        

No comments:

Post a Comment