Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I'm Thankful!

As we start week five of our training, I’m thankful for the Wellington Running Group.  Last week I ran 16 miles by myself, 11 in the hills of Iowa.  It was hot and humid, like it was here, and I was quickly reminded of how thankful I am for our supportive running group.  On one of my five mile runs, I entered the trees again on the running trail with 1 ½ miles left.  I so badly wanted to walk but it was then I found strength from our Ethan and “ran for those who can’t”.  So, for anyone who runs alone, I encourage you to jump in with our wonderful group and see how much more enjoyable it is to have company on your runs.

On Monday, as we took off at 5:45 a.m. in the 85 degree heat, we had another friend on our minds.  We found ourselves “thankful to be able to run”.  You never know what lies ahead of you in life.

Wow, what a busy week!  We are thankful we have the strength and energy to do all we do.  No excuses for not having enough time in your day to run (or exercise).  With our extremely busy schedules this week, we still managed to get 24 miles in.  We run mornings and evenings, get out and join us!  Great job to all who ran the wHEAT Run!!

The five of us who are training for this marathon have pledged to raise $1,000 each for PPMD.  Saturday night we started our fundraising efforts.  Many thanks to everyone who helped with Team Higgie in the Beer Garden at the Wheat Festival and everyone who contributed to the proceeds for PPMD.  Your support to this organization means so much to us.

As we continue to raise money towards our goal, we ask that you pray for a cure of muscular dystrophy so Ethan can enjoy the freedom of walking or jogging with us!

Next week will be a challenge for us as we increase our mileage and add speed/strength runs to our schedule.  Please join us and “Run for Those Who Can’t” and be thankful you can!

- Mitzi


Quote for the day: "Great is victory, but the friendship of all is greater."
- Emil Zatopek.

No comments:

Post a Comment