Monday, July 8, 2013

Just Keep Swimming!

Wow! It’s hard to believe we have completed 4 weeks of training for the Chicago Marathon! Only 14 more to go! We had a great running week; we got a well-deserved day of rest on Monday, followed by a 5 mile run on Tuesday and another rest day on Wednesday! Thursday, the 4th of July we had an awesome group run! I think I counted 26 people for a nice 3 mile route through downtown Wellington. It is such an awesome sight to see that many people! Whether it be running, walking or jogging to keep their bodies healthy! I would encourage anyone who even thinks they might like to join us to please do. We have all levels of running in our group and we would love to have you!

Friday was another 3 miler, followed by 5 on Saturday and Sunday. The miles are adding up for sure! We each have different ways of getting through our runs and Saturday I was having issues. My mind kept telling my legs to STOP! I had to find something to get out of that funk because I was NOT going to stop! So, I had recently watched the movie Finding Nemo with my granddaughter and Dori was telling the other fish to “Just keep swimming” so in order to finish that tough 5 mile run I sang that song for about the last mile and a half! It’s funny the things that can motivate you. Another motivation that I have is Ethan! I use him as motivation every day, in everything that I do! He is such a trooper, he is my “why” I get up every morning and put on my running shoes and hit the pavement! He is my inspiration, he is the reason we all must help raise money to help find a cure!

We will be doing some fundraisers in the near future for our Chicago Marathon, we are running for Parent Project’s Run for our Sons team as charity runners and we have to raise $5,000 as a group. I know we will get this done! I am confident in the people of Wellington and their giving hearts. So if you see, Stormie, JB, Alison, Mitzi or I and you want to help out, let us know. Team Higgie is out to get it done! I want to thank you all for the support and encouragement that we all get in our marathon quest. It means the world to us, keep it up, we only have 14 more weeks to go!

- Lisa

Quote for the day: "Ability is what you are capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."
 - Lou Holtz

No comments:

Post a Comment