Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Oh My...

This was a very emotional week for me, as I didn’t feel ready for this BIG race we are about to run.  We started out the week with a 6 mile run on Tuesday.  JB, Stormie, and I were joined by Anna and John.  I can’t tell you how many dogs were on this route.  It seems like we were chased by a different one every block.  John and Anna ran on ahead of us, as we were feeling slow and sluggish.
  The next day was our 4 mile run.  JB and I ran by ourselves because the other 3 MM’s SKIPPED!!!  Mitzi informed me that their schedule wasn’t as tough as ours, but I don’t seem to recall a skip day on theirs.  Stormie had teacher conferences, so she was going to make this run up another day.  I recall asking her if she made it up, and I think the answer was no!!  J  Since JB and I were by ourselves, we decided to take a nice, easy, enjoyable stroll.  For some reason, once we started running, we just kept getting faster and faster.  We ended this run at a 9 minute pace…..ouch!!  We won’t be doing that on race day.
Our Thursday run was 3 miles.  JB and Stormie ran this together, and I was going to do this one on my own since Caden had a wrestling meet.  They are finding out as they are reading this blog right now, that I didn’t ever run it  ( I know I’m in trouble now after coming down hard on the others for skipping).  I dreamt about running 3 miles that night, so I think that should count. 
Our last long run before the big one was 8 on Saturday.  It was a cold, windy run.  The three of us and Lisa were the only ones to brave the weather.  It was a hard run for me, which is why I don’t feel ready.  At this point, everything on my body hurts.  It is so discouraging to know that you can run these distances, but your body makes it so hard for you. 
I think JB and Stormie are ready for this thing…..Stormie keeps a nice steady pace with her ear phones in, and every once in while you can hear her talking to herself to keep going.  JB is just plain strong.  She gets along great on the long runs.  She is the one that keeps the conversation going to keep me distracted.  I, on the other hand, am scared to death.  I am not at all confident that I can do it, but I will darn sure give it my best!!  See you all on race day! 
- Alison

Quote for the day: "Relish the bad training runs. Without them, it's difficult to recognize, much less appreciate, the good ones."
- Pat Teske

No comments:

Post a Comment