Saturday, September 14, 2013

Lucky Week #13

Well, we finished week #13! Woo hoo! 5 weeks until the big day! I hate to wish away my life so to speak, but hurry up October 13th! I don't know about the other girls, but I am tired! Running is such a mental thing. My body feels like I have been run over by a Mac truck and just when I think I can't go a step further, my brain kicks in and tells it "You got this! Just 1 more mile!" And you know what? I keep on going. Sometimes after a run, I think about the miles I just put in and it blows my mind. 3 1/2 years ago, I couldn't even run to my mailbox and get the mail without breathing so hard I thought I would pass out. And now look... my 2nd marathon! That is just crazy! It's not easy, but let me tell you, it's doable. So any of you that are reading this and think there is no way I could ever run a marathon, think again because if I can do it ANYONE can! You just have to put your mind to it. Baby steps!

This week in training we ran Monday at 9:45 am 7 miles. JB joined us on the bike and cheered us on the whole way. Tuesday was strength training and we did that at 8:00 pm. We had to run 3 two mile loops at a 9:35 pace or faster. I think we all ran it faster. Yeah! Of course, Wednesday is our rest day. Right now, that is my favorite training day of the week. LOL Thursday was a 9 mile temp run. Friday was ONLY a 6 mile run. I say only because on Saturday we had a long 16 miler. We had Jana Brown join us on Saturday and I am so excited for her. This was her longest run to date! She ran the whole 16 mile route with us. Way to go Jana! Proud of you girl! Then Sunday we ran a slow 6 mile run to work out the aches and pains of our long run. Total mileage for the week was 52.5 miles...no wonder I'm tired!

We sure are missing JB on our runs. She is always there to encourage us, yell at us if we need it and of course love us. I know she is frustrated because she is still healing, but none of us want her to try and push to hard and really end up hurting herself. So, JB I'm yelling at you out of love...TAKE IT EASY! Since we are running so many miles injuries are more liking to occur. On Saturdays run, Alison tripped and re-injured her hamstring. I also had a few trips during the week. Wellington needs to work on potholes and get better lighting on our streets. You think we can all show up to a city council meeting and complain? We do run with flashlights and those lights you strap on your head. We look kind of funny but it helps. When we are doing our early morning runs, and by early I mean 4:15 am, it is amazing how many other runners are out too. Wellington, you should be proud of all the folks that are either walking, jogging or running to stay healthy! It's awesome!

As I end my blog, I want to put a plug in for our 4th annual Fall Fest 5K and 1 mile fun run that will be held on October 5th. You can pick up a registration form at Impact Bank, State Farm or the Wellington Chamber! (Or you can print it from this blog as it's included at the bottom) Early registration is due by September 20th. The proceeds will go towards benefiting muscular dystrophy. Children and adults with muscular dystrophy would love a chance to walk or run so please come and run your race for them. So, join us and help with our mission to "Run for those who can't"

- Lisa

Quote for the day: "Running isn't about being better than someone else. It's about being better than you used to be"
- Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment